EFR (First Aid)
CPR and First Aid: Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care
Scuba diving class practicing CPR First Aid and CPR are good skills for anyone involved in adventure sports – just in case. You need these skills for the PADI Rescue Diver Course.
Emergency First Response is a PADI affiliate that specializes in teaching these lifesaving skills – and they’re for anyone, not just divers. Most PADI instructors are also Emergency First Response Instructors!
The Fun Part
The fun part about Emergency First Response training is learning serious medical emergency response skills in an upbeat, positive environment. You gain the confidence so that you are prepared to help in an emergency.
What You will learn in the EFR Primary and Secondary Care Courses
- Scuba diving training class that includes CPR
- BLS (Basic Life Support) CPR and rescue breathing at the layperson level
- AED (automated external defibrillator) use (optional)
- Preventing and caring for shock
- Spinal injury management
- Use of barriers to reduce disease transmission risk
- Basic first aid and first aid kit considerations